Thursday, March 15, 2012

Awesome Austin in Atlanta

A freaking awesome shot of my freaking awesome son, Austin.  We were in Atlanta for a few days and went to Centennial Park twice.  That place is awesome!!  I mean, it's not much.  Just some fields and a few spots to goof off, but for a 6-year old boy. . .and a 10-year old brain stuck in a 35-year old man's body. . .it's dreamy!!!

On the day I took this shot we went to a huge hill and I took pictures of Austin rolling down it.  He was hesitant at first because it was a pretty big hill.  Probably the biggest one he's ever seen, and definitely the biggest one he's ever rolled down.  Anyway, after I called him a girl for not wanting to do it, he finally caved and decided to do it then for 20 minutes he had the time of his life.

After rolling down the hill we went to a playground. . .that was pretty fun for about 8 minutes.  Then we went to this Fountain of Rings.  I think that's what they call it.  Two or three times a day they do this water show that kind of goes with some music they're playing.  It's pretty cool.  But while the music isn't playing you can just run around in the water.  Austin had the time of his life.  The water will stop for a second, and he would run into the middle where there's no water.  Then he'd try to run out again while the water wasn't shooting up.  He got grazed a few times by some water jets but he did pretty good.  At the point when I took this picture, he's celebrating because he made it into one ring from another ring without getting hit by the water.  Ahhh, to be a kid again.  I could sit there and watch him do that all day long.  I took a ton of pictures of him doing this and they're all freaking awesome!!  The look of pure joy on his face just makes my heart smile.  He's awesome.  I tell him that's why we named him Austin, because he's awesome.  I'm not sure when I'll break it to him that I wanted to name him that because it's the live music capital of the world.  Well, that and the fact that my great grandfather's name was Austin.

Which, by the way, some family members found some old family pictures so I'll probably be posting a few of those here in a few days.  There's a picture of my great great grandfather in there.  Pretty cool.

Thanks for listening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment