Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Heather's maternity session

This is exciting!!! My first post on my blog that is actually about a photo shoot. . .I've seen photography blogs that kind of post pictures while telling the story about the photo shoot, so I'll do the same here. . .

Heather called me (thanks to Elizabeth!!) about taking some maternity pictures.  She didn't think she wanted to do any but well, she realized she's quite pregnant and that if she was gonna do them, now was the time.  I think she called me on a Wednesday, and we took these pictures on Thursday, the next day.

I'm used to doing maternity sessions inside people's homes.  They're more comfortable there, she can take a break if she needs it, they've usually got some toys or blankets they want in the pictures. . .it's just usually easiest at their house.  Well, Heather and her husband live in Oxford, but agreed to meet me somewhere in Hernando so we could do these pictures. . .outside.

Anytime this is the first picture you take, you know it's gonna be a good shoot.  Heather is beautiful and having that belly just makes her that much more stunning!!  I know you women sometimes don't feel like it when you're far along in your pregnancy, but I PROMISE, this is an absolutely beautiful look!!  I love that pregnant "glow" that you ladies get.  It's awesome!!

And this is just a great shot. . .men always hate having their pictures made but Chris was quite a sport about it.  Always smiled, and didn't complain the whole time.  That's rare for men by the way.

Along the same fence line as the previous 2 pictures, but how can you not take 100 pictures by this fence?  Old, torn up, wooden, molded fence?  Hello?!?!?!

Then we drove down a little ways and I saw this really old building and when I saw Heather in her all black against this white wall, I had a vision.  This shot is that vision. . .I love this picture!!!

Awww. . .

Moving on to the next location we found a tiny gazebo that was just right for some pictures.

Wow, I couldn't resist taking this shot!!  Thank you so much Heather, for letting me take this!!  I love it!!  "THE BIG BOLD BREED". . .it doesn't get any better than that!!

Classic!!

It's neat to me how all that space on the right makes this shot interesting.

And the last shot of the day.

So thanks a ton to Heather & Chris for using me to take their maternity pictures.  She was hesitant to even go through with taking them, but I think after seeing these, she'll be glad she did.  I hope so anyway.  And hopefully they'll call me when it's time to take some newborn pictures ;) ;)

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment