Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Old, ugly boats

This boat was a picture waiting to be taken.  Had I been alone and lived in the city where this was, I would have hundreds of pictures of it.  It was blue, but due to the fact that I was rushed to take the picture, I overexposed it a little so the blue was a really light blue.  On top of that, I only took 2 pictures of it.  This is the first of the two.  It was the middle of the day, sun beaming down (all generally bad for photography), and I had to keep up with my wife, kids, and in-laws.  So I snapped the 2 pictures and moved on.  When I went back to look at them, I was pissed!!  They were slightly overexposed and the composition was just. . .blah.  Like I said, if I lived there (this was somewhere in California. . .I wanna say around Pismo Beach somewhere), I would get there at sunrise and go back at sunset and I would probably do that about once a month.  I would have HDR versions, awesome sunrise versions, all kinds of stuff.  But instead, I'm stuck with this cliché, quite plain version of an old boat.  Don't get me wrong, I love the picture, but like songwriting, what I envision before it happens and what I get after it's happened is 2 different things.

I guess next time I go to California I'll look for some old ugly boats and be there to take pictures at sunrise.

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment