Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blog Layout (or not)

Ok. . .changing the layout of the blog will be more difficult than I thought.  All of the templates that this website has are no good.  I mean, I want it simple, but not too simple.  But I want to be able to customize it too.  I know this site offers some simple layouts that are customizable, which may sound perfect, but they're not.  I didn't like any of them.  I'm gonna have to do more research on this blog stuff.


Speaking of that, I'm still only subscribed to two blogs–my wife's and Chase Jarvis'.  I don't look at blogs.  I guess I should start doing that.  I find it hard enough to find time to actually write in my own, much less pilfer through the 50 billion that are on the Internet (I feel stupid capitalizing Internet, like it's a person or something)


And my new band has some gigs lined up at the end of February so I've got to start learning these songs YESTERDAY!!!  AND I'm at an all-time high weight right now. . .not gonna divulge that number because honestly, I'm embarrassed.  And yes, there are people that are fatter than me.  There are people that are more out of shape than I am.  But I don't like not having control of my weight.  I went through a jogging spell about 2 years ago and got down to a very comfortable weight.  Then I quit jogging and the pounds just started flying on like freaking flies to a turd.  That's gross.


So I've got to start exercising somehow, sometime.  I went tonight and just did a little interval training thing on the treadmill for about 20 minutes.  It said I burned 300 calories, which is a Mt. Dew.  So that's good.  HOWEVER!!  There's 3500 calories in ONE pound.  So I've got to do that thing EVERY DAY of the week to lose THREE pounds a MONTH.  And that's not really including the fact that I don't plan on changing my eating habits.


And there lies the problem.  My Dad told me this 20 years ago. . .I don't eat right.  So I've known it since he told me when I was 15 years old and I've known it as I've grown older and realized how crappy my diet is.  The worst part is. . .I've passed it down to my kids.  It's sad, really.  


Wow, this blog is really getting me to open up.  I'm glad I've only got 3 people following me because I'd feel bad for whining to more than 3 people.  Anyways, this post was supposed to be about me deciding to keep my current (default) blog layout because I didn't like any of the other ones.  It kind of made a shift to some things a little more personal.  Which reminds me of something else. . .I'm not gonna focus on putting a picture up with every post.  This is my blog and it will be photography-based, but I'm realizing that it's more than just putting a picture up and telling a story with it.  It's gonna be kind of a release for me.  I'm actually looking forward to writing a little bit more.  A lady friend of mine once told me that I should try to write.  I made fun of her for it because I've never written anything and to be honest, I've never read anything.  So why would I write?  Well, she was right, I was wrong.  There.  I said it.  So shutup.


I look forward to boring you with many more useless entries in the future, most of which will have pictures attached.


Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. OK, so it's now 12:27am. I got started reading your blog an hour ago (which Btw, I am not a reader), I have a week of blogs left, but I must go to sleep. I've found myself really "lol". I also find it amusing that in my head, I read these in your voice! HA. You're doin a fine job Juno. Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I can't believe it wasn't riveting enough to keep you up to finish reading all of the posts. That's hilarious!! Now I'm gonna have to try and be entertaining when I write this stuff. Thanks for putting the pressure on me!!

      Delete