Friday, January 6, 2012

Man, this is hard!!!

Water is a beautiful thing.  It's also VERY difficult to take pictures of.  I'm not sure I have the right equipment to do it actually.  But I always think it's interesting how much we can't see when it comes to water.  When you freeze a moment like this with a fast shutter speed (or in this case a flash), you can see that there's one big drop first and then several tiny ones right after it.  When you get a picture of running water with a slow shutter speed it looks almost ethereal.  It's a beautiful thing.  I love taking pictures of water.  I don't take enough time to do that actually.  I live in North Mississippi, right below Memphis, TN so there's not really any huge falls or cascades or anything like that nearby.  However, we've taken my daughter out of daycare so she's home with me everyday now. . .I think while she's home with me and I have the chance, we might take a few road trips to go on photography adventures.  Both my kids go crazy when I use the word adventure.  You could be vacuuming the floor but if you call it a "finding the dirt adventure", they'd go along with it.

Thanks!!

3 comments: