Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Square Format

One of my favorite pictures I've ever taken!!  A stunningly beautiful bride, she could not take a bad picture.  I wanted to get the details of that thing on her shoulder. . .the lacy, beady-looking part of her dress. . .but when she looked over, I knew this was a winner.  I love the profile of her face and the detail in her eye (what little bit you can see).


And I've always been a fan of the square format.  I'm not real sure if this is a good square crop, given that her eye (albeit at the top) is in the dead center of the picture horizontally.  The more I stare at it, the more it bothers me actually.


This is a perfect example (again) of getting a shot that I didn't plan.  If I go out looking for a picture, I won't find any.  But if I go out looking for nothing, I'll be able to see everything.  Wow.  That's kind of deep.  But it's happened to me before.  I would go out looking for letter pictures (natural things shaped like letters - www.CreativeNameScapes.com) and find myself not even seeing the other opportunities that were right there in front of me.


On a totally different topic. . .I still haven't changed the look of my blog from the original just all white look.  Here's the problem. . .I'm not about to pay for a blog template, and I haven't found anything yet that I like.  And I don't know enough about it (yet) to figure out how to change all the stuff myself.  I guess that's what I should work towards.  I gotta dig in a little deeper and figure out how to change all this stuff manually.


I'm tired.  Goodnight


Thanks so much to all my followers (at the time of writing this I have 3).  I love y'all!!


Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Juno, I love your work, especially your bokeh. It's obvious you love what you do and I have mad respect for that. I'd love to work with you sometime, as I'm a photographer as well. Email me anytime you need a second shooter 4110photography@gmail.com. - Rebecca

    ReplyDelete