Saturday, January 14, 2012

busy, busy, busy

I'm not sure I have a photograph to upload today because I'm mad at myself.  I've been busy with some other things lately and honestly, since my (2-year old) daughter is staying home with me now (no more daycare since I lost my job), I haven't really been able to get a whole lot done during the day, so I've missed 2 days of blogs.  I take my boy to kindergarten at about 8:30, and Addison goes down for a nap around 11:30.  Since I'm usually up most of the night, I only get a few hours of sleep before taking Austin to school, so I almost always take a nap with Addison.  Then we wake up around 2:30 to go get Austin from school.  We get home from that close to 4:00, and Erika gets home at about 5:00.


I'm not complaining by any means, because I've pretty much got it made.  This time of year, work-wise, is VERY slow for me.  As far as photography goes, I don't have a studio, so all of my photography is done outside.  Well, it's kind of cold in January, so I don't have any photo shoots scheduled this month.  As far as the music thing goes, January is a notoriously slow month.  But on top of that, the band I've been in for the last 15 years is pretty much broken up.  Instead of playing 4 days a week, which we've done consistently for probably 10-12 years, we're now only playing 4 days a month.  So, that's why I say I "lost my job".


So, I'm pretty much unemployed and complaining that I don't have time to write in my blog.  That's awesome.  I wanted to have an entry for every day in January, but DANG IT!!! Oh well, I don't think many people update their blog every day anyway.  If I can stay consistent with 2 or 3 times a week, I'll be proud of myself.


Oh, I got that hipstamatic app for my phone, so here's a picture I took with it tonight.  I like the way my hand looks.  Almost has an HDR look to it.  And the light from the kitchen is kind of cool too.


Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment