Sunday, January 22, 2012

UCA Cheer

So I went to a cheer competition yesterday.  I have 2 nieces, one of which is the one in the middle of this picture with her mouth wide open.  She's 10 right now and doing this competitive cheer thing.  I was instructed by my sister-in-law to be there at 9:00 to take pictures.  I wasn't necessarily looking forward to it, but in the end I had a good time.


Sports photography is always tricky to me, mostly because I've never shot whatever is it is I'm shooting.  I don't do sports.  Not because I don't like to but because the opportunity doesn't come up very often, and when it does, I realize I need one of those $5,000 lenses.  It's always a challenge.  I enjoy it.  Going into the cheer thing, I wasn't ready for what was about to happen. . .


Their thing was about 4 minutes long and I took almost 300 pictures.  I focused on Amber about 95% of the time.  A few times I zoomed all the way out to get the entire group.


The point of this post. . .I like action photography.  Sports and action and anything moving. . .stuff like that is really fun!!


Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment