Monday, January 30, 2012

My kids

my ridiculously perfect kids  


Me & Erika try to refresh all the pictures in our house about once a year.  She's kind of into scrapbooking so soon after the calendar year is over she usually goes through all our pictures and picks out about 50 or 60 to put in a scrapbook for the previous year.  Now that I think about it, she hasn't done that in a few years, so I think she still needs to do 2010 and 2011.  Anyways, when she (normally) does that, we print out enough to replace all the ones that are framed in our house.  We've got several that we like to keep up but there's frames all over the place so there's usually about 50-60 pictures we have to replace.


Well, I'm a photographer but we never have photo sessions with the kids.  The day I took this picture, I tried to dress the kids in something that would contrast all the leaves really well.  I'm terrible at dressing the kids.  If Erika doesn't set out an outfit for Addison, she's gonna leave the house looking like a man dressed her.


So I took the kids out to this field over here by our house and basically took pictures of them playing in the leaves.  I think this is my favorite one.  I printed an 8X10 of it and we have it in the center of a big wall that I call the "Wall O' Frames".  You'd think the center picture would need to be of all 4 of us.  Well, that one is at the top as an 8X10.  I'd actually like to put a 16X20 of us in the middle. . .this post isn't about me rearranging the Wall O' Frames though, so let's move on. . .


To see this picture as an 8X10 in a frame is awesome.  And yeah, they're my kids, so if you saw the picture, it wouldn't have quite the same effect, but the reason I'm posting it today is because I freaking LOVE this picture.  I have a fairly recent picture of the two of them laying on their stomachs smiling and looking at each other and it's awesome, but this one is so. . .loving.  They love each other so much.  And Austin is such a good big brother.


The other day we were at Wal-Mart and I forgot to get a jacket for Addison.  That's about typical.  I think what happened was me & Addison went to pick up AUstin from school and I didn't plan on going anywhere else so I didn't get her a jacket.  But Austin had his, so when we got to Wal-Mart, he let her wear his.  And he put it on her.  It made both of them happy.  So freaking awesome.  People without kids are probably reading this thinking I'm a weirdo.  And maybe I am.  But for a different reason.  My kids are awesome, and I thank God for them EVERY night!!


Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment