Wednesday, January 25, 2012

HDR & Crape Myrtles

I don't know why I like this picture.  I took this in Richmond, VA in May of 2004.  I was there for my best friend's wedding and after the rehearsal dinner we were waiting on some folks so I snapped a few pictures while we were waiting.  We also looked for 4-leaf clovers in the grass that I was standing in when I took this picture.  Fun.  I've always had a knack for finding those things.  It's weird.


Anyways, this was super early in my digital camera days.  I took this with my first digital camera, which I got in February of '04, so at this point, I'd only had it for a few months.  Evidently it was also early in my photoshop-using days too.  This shot would have been a perfect candidate for HDR.  It would look awesome if you could see details in those trees but with a blue sky behind it.  Oh well, I didn't know anything about HDR 8 years ago.  I still don't, really.


I guess it's the composition that I both like and dislike about this picture.  I can critique the crap out of my pictures.  I like the empty bench, maybe it would be better with a person, I don't know.  I like the way the crape myrtles frame the entire shot, but that big building in the middle kind of gets on my nerves.  What do you think?


Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment